LHA Harvey Small Business Grant Program
Grant Program Purpose
Given the level of devastation Lake Houston area small businesses suffered and the lack of needed resources available to them post Hurricane Harvey, we have an obligation to help maintain and support our small business core. In order for the area to remain viable for small businesses, our partners recognized that the creation of the Lake Houston Area Harvey Small Business Grant Program can serve as a much needed resource to help them get their operations back to the new “normal.”
The grant program is designed to provide funding assistance for small businesses to cover physical damages suffered as a direct result of Hurricane Harvey. This includes helping businesses replace needed lost capital assets like computers, manufacturing equipment and furniture and fixtures.
The following items represent the minimum application requirements for the Lake Houston Harvey Small Business Grant Program:
- Applicant business prior to Hurricane Harvey must have been at a fixed permanent address located in the Lake Houston Area comprised of six zip codes: 77044, 77338, 77339, 77345, 77346 and 77396
- Business must have been a viable and ongoing concern for at least one year prior to Harvey (8/23/2016) – Tax return, sales tax certificate, bank statements or TX corporate tax return
- Business must submit a minimum of three months of business and personal bank statements and your most recently filed federal tax return along with a completed application
- Business must be open and operational at the present time
- Business fully completes a LHHSBG application per listed guidelines and submits the application to the Lake Houston Economic Development Partnership. The application will consist of but not be limited to the following information:
- Business name and DBA
- Owner name
- Business address
- Owner home address
- Business phone number
- Bank routing and account information (to be solely used for electronic disbursement)
- Number of FT and PT employees – if you have lost employees, will you be rehiring?
- Narrative description of physical/economic damages sustained as a result of Harvey?
- Current financial condition and resources – cash on hand, insurance proceeds, other loans, SBA, traditional bank, home equity,
- How will the grant proceeds be used?
- What are the growth/expansion plans for the business going forward?
- Do you plan to relocate the business within Lake Houston six zip codes?
Grant review committee members will review each grant application independently. Awards will be based on the merit of the data contained within the application. Grant reviews will include but are not limited to questions contained within the application and potential sites visits or direct questions regarding the application and/or business. Grant amounts will range from $2500-$5000 in $500 increments.