Leadership Awards Luncheon Event Recap
Presenting sponsor: Team Petree – JLA Realty
This year’s Top 4 Under 40 recipients were honored and recognized in conjunction with the Leadership Lake Houston Outstanding Alumni and the 2020 Top 4 Under 40 at the Leadership Awards luncheon on July 20, 2021. The 2021 Top 4 Under 40 honorees will also be featured on the cover of the Summer 2021 Lake Houston Business Matters magazine.
The keynote speaker was Kent Hutchinson, Training & Competency Specialist, Cameron LNG. Hutchinson facilitates leadership and team retreats for organizations and businesses globally. From the small Southeast Texas community of Orangefield, this fifth-generation Texan is involved as a community and business influencer. He is a frequent advisor to business owners, chambers of commerce, and managers of various organizations.
The following honors were given out:
The 2021 Top 4 Under 40
- Asdrubal “Dru” Gutierrez, Director and Field Service Manager, MUD 152 and North Houston District
- Adam McAlpine, Owner/Broker, McAlpine Investments
- Mike Miller, Vice President — Houston, Ashlar Development
- Daniela Sumbera, Principal Owner, The Sumbera Team Keller Williams Realty Northeast.
The 2020 Top 4 Under 40
- Christopher Butsch, District Executive Director, Lake Houston Family YMCA
- Jennifer Carney, Owner, Carney’s Tutoring.
- John Corbeil, Chief Executive Officer, HCA Houston Healthcare – Kingwood
- Tracie Mieth, Owner, Planet Beach Kingwood
The 2021 Leadership Lake Houston Distinguished Alumni
- Terry Vaughn, District Manager of Pharmacy and Retail, Walgreens
The following elected officials were in attendance:
Representing Congressman Dan Crenshaw’s office is Kaaren Cambio; Representing Senator Brandon Creighton’s office is Shiva Baradaran; Representing State Representative Dan Huberty’s office is Casey Christman; Mayor Pro-Tem Dave Martin, City of Houston; Judge Lincoln Goodwin, Harris Co. Justice of the Peace; Judge Laryssa Korduba, Harris Co. Justice of the Peace; Asdrubal Gutierrez, Secretary, MUD District 152; and Roberts Scarfo, Humble ISD Board of Trustees
Our community sponsors allow the Partnership to continue hosting events. Thank you to the following organizations.
Presenting Sponsor: JLA Realty – Amanda Petree
Top 4 Under 40 Award Sponsor: Stander & Company
Distinguished Alumni Award Sponsor: Lake Houston Family YMCA
Gold Sponsors: Chick-fil-A Wilson/Beltway 8, Inframark, Memorial Hermann Northeast
Silver sponsor: The Auberge at Kingwood