March 18, 2021
BizCom events connect local business professionals, community leaders, and school officials to the information they need to be successful in the Lake Houston community. Topics include area developments, new businesses, timely news, legislature, etc.
Speaker highlights from March 18, 2021 included:
Terry Vaughn, District Manager of Pharmacy and Retail Operations, Walgreens
For more detailed information about the differences in technology, effectiveness, and logistics of distributing the 3 vaccines being offered at Walgreens locations (Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson), skip to 4min30seconds.
- Walgreens was contracted to immunize all long-term care facilities during phase 1A. They finished administering both doses of the Pfizer vaccine in all Lake Houston area long-term care facilities at the end of February.
- 90 million Americans have some level of protection from the virus. We are heading toward herd immunity and the amount of Covid cases have gone down.
- How can you become vaccinated? Go to Walgreens.com/covidvaccine or download Walgreens app and click “Find Care Now” to see which local stores are offering the vaccine
Ian Adler, Director of Marketing, McCord Development
For more detailed information about Generation Park, including Service Wire’s regional headquarters, the new office space available for leasing, and other developments, skip to 16min02seconds.
- Service Wire Co.’s manufacturing and distribution headquarters is under construction and will be open later this year.
- GenerationWorx is an office space for small organizations, usually between 1-10 people, set to open in September. They are officially preleasing the 44 suites and 5 meeting rooms. For leasing information visit GenerationPark.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 713.860.3038
- Eden Salon Suites has just opened across the plaza. There is still 1 suite open for leasing. For more information visit EdenSalonSuites.com
- Courtyard Marriot hotel is set to open in June
- Upcoming events for RedemptionSquare can be found at RedemptionSquare.com
Chef Justin Tuner, Director of Culinary Hospitality for Gastropub Productions
For more detailed information about the two newest concept restaurants to hit Generation Park, Bocca Italian Kitchen and Lupo Pizzeria, skip to 24min10seconds.
- Bocca Italian Kitchen is “true Italian-American fare with fresh seafood and pastas”
- Lupo Pizzeria is a chef-driven “take on a New York style pizzeria”
- Both restaurant concepts support local business by selecting local restaurants and farmers for their fresh ingredients and produce. To ensure they always offer the freshest ingredients, they use a truly Italian approach of regularly changing seasonal dishes.
- Chef recommendation: Try the Crab risotto, an Italian dish with a flare inspired by Chef Justin’s visits to China Town) or the Octopus, “tender but crispy, served with baby link potatoes and a duet of sauces” at Bocca
Jeremy Devine, Vice President Marketing & Content, ShowBiz Cinema
For more detailed information about the challenges local theaters have had to endure during the COVID pandemic and the innovative ways they have adapted, skip to 29min28seconds
- ShowBiz Cinemas are really turning the corner on an incredibly tough year with the Fall Creek, Liberty Lakes, and Kingwood locations all back open at 50% capacity
- Showbiz Cinemas went further than the normal masks, distancing, cleaning, and capacity limits by finding innovative ways to ensure extra safety. For example, a POS that automatically blocks seats on either side of reservations, private auditoriums are available, they serve popcorn to go, etc.
- The flow of movies and productions from Hollywood slowed during the pandemic when theatres were unable to open. Showbiz now shows independent films and live events.
- What about the future of cinemas? “Movies have survived TV, VHS and DVD, we will survive streaming, and we will survive the pandemic. We will continue stronger than ever.”
Corey Turner, Committee Chair, Walk Run Discover Lake Houston
For more detailed information about the Partnership Lake Houston March event, skip to 39mins02seconds
- The traditional 10k5k event has been adapted for the safety of our community by turning the one-day event into a month-long competition expanded to cover the whole Lake Houston area this year.
- Partnership Lake Houston has teamed up with 10 local charities to assist those most in need during this difficult time, you can find out how to donate to on WalkRunDiscoverLakeHouston.com.
- There are routes mapped out for 1 mile, 5k & 10k trails throughout Kingwood, Humble, Atascocita & Summer Creek. Get out there & discover Lake Houston!
- To sign up for Walk, Run, Discover Lake Houston, to join a team, or find a route, go to WalkRunDiscoverLakeHouston.org
As always, we depend on our business sponsors to make programs like BizCom available for our members and our greater Lake Houston Area community.
Gold Sponsors: Chick-Fil-A Wilson Road and Beltway 8, HEB- Summer Creek, JLA Realty- Amanda Petree, McCord Development- Generation Park, MD Anderson Cancer Center, K&S Sportswear
Silver Sponsor: Shell Federal Credit Union, PostNet – Summerwood
Emcee & production logistics: Sam Schrade of DNA Studios
Full video here: