- Strategically located within the Houston Metro Area, within Northeast Houston sub-region containing top communities like Kingwood, Atascocita, Humble, Eagle Springs, Summerwood and Fall Creek
- Ten minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Excellent access to major transportation corridors (Beltway 8 and US 59)
- Convenient access to the Port of Houston
- Connectivity to multimodal transportation (ground, air, water, rail)
- Highly skilled and educated workforce
- Mild year round climate particularly suited for outdoor and active lifestyles
- Easy access to a number of quality hospital and specialty healthcare locally and regionally
- State and Nationally recognized K-12 schools and higher education opportunities
- High quality of life with a wide array of housing choices
- High growth area with a 3.96% compound growth rate between 2000 and 2010
- Excellent opportunity for site selectors seeking commercial and industrial development projects
Recreation– One of the great benefits of life in the Lake Houston region is the natural alliance with the great outdoors. Area residents enjoy parks, hiking/biking trails, nature areas and water sports. Close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico provides mild to warm temperatures year round making the area the perfect setting for outdoor living. Annually, the average high is 78* with an average low of 57*.The Lake Houston Area is rich with an array of golf courses that include world-class tournament courses and challenging professional courses. Humble is home to the Shell Open.
Arts & Entertainment– From local events and amenities to world-class cultural activities, the Lake Houston Area has access to numerous outlets for family entertainment and enrichment. Expect an area brimming with social, golf and event venues. Visit The Overlook, The Clubs of Kingwood , Oakhurst Country Club, Tour 18 Golf Course, Kingwood Cove Golf Club, Redstone Golf Club, Humble Golf Center or Humble Civic Center.
Housing– Whether it is master-planned communities, subdivision with amenities or apartment complexes, the communities of LHA offer a diverse choice of quality housing choices.
Health Care – The Lake Houston Area is fortunate to host exceptional award-winning health systems and services within its communities. Residents and visitors to the area can conveniently access quality care whether they need emergency services or long-term care.