HISTORIC HUMBLE IS FULL OF SMALL TOWN CHARM
As Mayor of Humble, it is my privilege to welcome you to our area.
The governing body and professional staff of the City of Humble also welcomes you and believes that by providing quality and reliable municipal services, we provide the citizens and businesses of Humble the foundation on which they can succeed. Historically, quality education, prosperous commerce, and cultural and social endeavors have contributed to the quality of life that has thrived in the Humble area for decades. These ingredients helped form the groundwork that has enabled the Humble area to grow and prosper, and have contributed to attracting some of the finest business and retail facilities in southeast Texas.
To better serve the social, economic, and recreational needs of the community, the City of Humble has provided the spacious and attractive Humble Civic Center and the Humble Civic Arena. These facilities give the area ample space for social and economic oriented events. To better serve our senior population, the City of Humble has provided the Humble Area Activity Center, a senior citizen garden and a senior citizen bus. The City of Humble, in cooperation with Memorial Hermann Northeast, has provided helpful and fulfilling programs and opportunities for our area’s committed senior citizens. If we can be of service to you, please call City Hall at (281) 446-3061 or any city department.
Donnie McMannes, Mayor
With the area’s high growth rate, public parks have taken on an important role. There are four in Humble:
The 17-acre Hilton C. Schott Park includes an asphalt jogging trail and a covered pavilion. A 21-station physical fitness course has been installed to complement the park’s two baseball fields. The facilities can be rented to groups or individuals on a permit basis through the City of Humble Parks Department.
Hirsch Memorial Park on Houston Avenue is the home of a community building, playground, swimming pool, and two lighted tennis courts, all of which can be rented for approved purposes on a first-come, first-served basis.
Uptown Park is the newest of the four city parks, and boasts an elevated stage, a pump jack with running water, rest rooms and a playground. These facilities are also available for individual and community functions.
Timberwood Park, located off Rankin Road, features a fine children’s playground and opportunities for family-oriented recreational activities. A wide variety of organized teams for all ages is available in the area. Little League, Pee Wee Softball, soccer, swimming, volleyball, and men?s and women?s softball are conducted throughout the year.
For more information on park hours or facility availability, call the City of Humble Parks Department at (281) 446-3061.
- Population: 29,225
- Total Households: 10,558
- Government: City of Humble
- Education: Humble ISD: 281-641-8000
- Metro Park & Ride: to downtown Houston
- Metro Park & Ride: to Greenspoint
- Rush hour drive to downtown: 30 minutes
Humble Quick Reference
- Police: Humble City Police: 281-446-7127
- Fire: Humble: 281-446-7127
- Ambit Energy: 832-260-2783
- Power Energy USA: 281-315-8877
- Reliant Energy: 713-207-7777
- Compare Providers: www.powertochoose.com
For outages or service call
- Centerpoint Energy: 713-207-2222
- Street light repair?: 713-207-2222
- Gas: CenterPoint Energy: 713-659-2111
Telephone, Internet & Cable:
- Comcast: 1-866-886-6838
- CenturyLink: 800-788-3500
- Street sign and street repair: 281-446-2327
- Water: City of Humble: 281-446-3061
- Octavia Fields Library: 281-446-3377
- Automobile Registration: 713-368-2000
- Driver?s License: 281-446-3391
- Humble Civic Center: 281-446-4140
- Humble Post Office: 281-540-1775
- Tax Office: 713-368-2000
- Voter Registration: 713-368-2000
- City of Humble: 281-446-3061
- Harris County: 713-755-5000
- Public Works: City of Humble: 281-446-2327
- State of Texas: 800-252-9600
- ICON Hospital: 281-446-2839
- Kingwood Medical Center: 281-348-8000
- Memorial Hermann Northeast: 281-540-7700
- The Observer Newspapers: 281-446-1071
- The Tribune Newspapers: 281-540-8742
- Houston Chronicle This Week: 713-220-6183